Activities under the project
The implementation of the project had a positive impact on the development of the tourist product of the cross-border region. A set of new tools and activities were developed for promotion of the unique cultural heritage of the region through the creation of a catalogue of authentic settlements and traditions. The information was gathered and summarized as vast e-library and a printed catalogue of settlements. The project aimed at alternative presentation of the unique heritage by organizing a photo contest and traveling exhibition. Through web-based software for tourism services providers, an innovative instrument for improvement of their competitiveness and overall performance were created.
The project’s purpose was achieved through implementation of the following activities:
- Photo contest and travelling exhibition “The desolated settlements and traditions of the Cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia”;
- Digital database and library of settlements of the border region of BG and MK with preserved authentic architecture, traditions, lifestyle, celebrations, customs, etc.);
- Marketing Strategy for Development of Rural Tourism in the CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia;
- “E-TOURISM” web portal - Re-design, optimization, adaptation, update and maintenance;
- Production and editing of short movies for the unique cultural and historical heritage of the CB region (Sandanski and Strumitsa);
- Development of web-based software service for self-assessment of tourism service providers and tour operators;
- Luxury Catalogue “The desolated settlements and traditions of the Cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia”
- Development of specific joint tourism thematic products
- Discussion forum in Macedonia and Final Cross-border Forum
The project implementation aided for improving the competitiveness of the tourism product of the CB area and thus contributes to the specific objective - Raising the competitiveness of the CBC region’s tourist offer. The project has created instruments and content (e-library, updated web portal, catalogue) to promote the rich intangible cultural heritage in order to further utilize it for tourism development purposes in the CB area. Marketing Strategy for Development of Rural Tourism in the CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia was developed. “E-TOURISM” web-portal was redeveloped and redesigned including new content produced (http://e-tourism-bg-mk.eu/); new online solution - GIS map of the settlements of the CB area was developed; two short movies for the unique cultural and historical heritage of the CB region were produced; a web-based software service for self-assessment of tourism service providers and tour operators was developed; Luxury Catalogue “The desolated settlements and traditions of the Cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia” was created, as well as 8 joint thematic tourist products for rural and alternative tourism - each with distinctive name and providing distinctive features and a taste of the unique cultural heritage of the region.