First Call for proposals of the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria-the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Programme
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria
in cooperation with
Ministry of Local Self-Government of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Announce on the 23.09.2015 the First Call for project proposals under the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria- former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Programme, with aim to improve the cross-border cooperation between two countries. The Programme is co-financed from the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance II (IPA II) of the European Union.
The overall objective of the Programme is to intensify cross-border cooperation between the people and institutions of the region in order to jointly address common challenges and exploit untapped potentials for development of the border region through effective use of resources.
The total amount allocated to the First Call for proposals is € 7,240,469.00.
The Call gives the opportunity to the partners from both countries (municipalities, business support organizations, educational, scientific, and cultural institutions, NGO’s, etc.) to apply with joint projects.
Project proposals would have to target one of the following Priority Axes and specific objectives under the Programme:
- Priority Axis 1: ENVIRONMENT
- Specific objective 1.1: Environmental protection and sustainable use of the common natural resources of the CBC area;
- Specific objective 1.2: Prevention and mitigation of consequences of natural and man-caused disasters of cross-border dimension and impact.
- Priority Axis 2: TOURISM
- Specific objective 2.1: Enhancing the tourism potential of the region through cooperation initiatives in better preservation and sustainable utilization of natural and cultural heritage;
- Specific objective 2.2: Raising the competitiveness of the CBC region’s tourist offer;
- Specific objective 2.3: Promoting cooperation among regional actors in the area of sustainable tourism.
- Priority Axis 3: COMPETITIVENESS
- Specific objective 3.1: Improving the competitiveness of regional businesses.
The key objective of the Programme is to raise the capacity of the local and regional authorities in the development and implementation of joint projects in the eligible cross-border region, defined in the Programme as follows:
- For Republic of Bulgaria (administrative level NUTS III) – districts of Kyustendil and Blagoevgrad;
- For former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (administrative level, NUTS III equivalent) – North-East planning region, East planning region and South-East planning region.
The full package of documents, including the Guidelines for Applicants is published and can be found on the following websites:
Important!!! Guidelines for Applicants had been modified as from 16.11.2015.The Corrigendum together with the revised documents are attached below...
The deadline for submission of project proposals is January 25th 2016, 16:00 h. local time in Bulgaria (EET), at the following address:
7 “Marin Drinov” Str.,
A campaign for information and support of applicants is going to be organized in the upcoming months in the Republic of Bulgaria and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The dates and venues of the information events are going to be announced soon on the web site of the Programme (www.ipa-cbc-007.eu).
You can contact the Joint Secretariat of the Programme for additional information:
- Main office in Kyustendil: tel. +359 78 55 11 85, +359 78 55 11 83;
- Branch office in Strumica: tel. +389 34 330 331.
- Guidelines for Applicants - REVISED;
- Application Form
**** Use the program Microsoft Excel 2010 or later version ****
- Annexes - REVISED;
- Annex C - Subsidy contract;
- Strategic documents.
Questions and answers:
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call PART VI from 23.12.2015 to 04.01.2016;
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call PART V from 24.11.2015 to 22.12.2015;
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call PART IV - from 06.11.2015 to 23.11.2015;
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call PART III - from 28.10.2015 to 05.11.2015;
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call - as of 27.10.2015 - part II;
- Questions and Answers related to the First Call - as of 15.10.2015 - part I.