Activities under the project
The project overall objective was to stimulate sustainable tourism development based on the natural and cultural heritage through small scale investments for improvement of accessibility to natural and cultural heritage, as well as activities related to the further capacity building and support for joint educational tourism program development.
The project’s purpose was achieved through implementation of the following activities jointly managed by project partners:
- Construction of local road in Lipkovo;
- Development of touristic map for Lipkovo;
- Development of the Bistrica bank River into tourism attraction, including pedestrian area, bicycle lane, rest area with benches and other equipment, lightening and improvement of three bridges along the river;
- Design and production of digital interactive tourist map of the region of Satovcha covering the attractions and services in the area of Checha;
- Production of project’s souvenirs.
Asphalt local road towards Lipkovo Lake in total length of 1.72 km and 4 meters wide was constructed in Lipkovo and access road to natural tourism sites was upgraded in Satovcha, L=1.1 km, or in total length of 2.8 km. Digital touristic map for Lipkovo was developed, including all relevant natural and landscape-topographical features of Lipkovo Lake area, settlements, infrastructure and other elements and facilities important for tourism purposes. Also other tourist sites and attractions as well as elements of traffic and tourism infrastructure (roads, trails, gas stations, car parks, accommodation and catering facilities) were presented. Digital interactive tourist map for Satovcha was developed with brief references for each of the attractions. In addition, souvenirs were delivered: pencils, cotton bags, USB, along with the webpage of the project: www.water.satovcha.bg.